Maine Wood Carvers Association - McGaffey Mountain Wood Carvers
McGAFFEY MOUNTAIN WOOD CARVERS
1st and 3rd Wednesday, 6-8:30 PM
(207) 293-3725, Norma Wing
Vienna Community Ctr., Kimball Pond Rd, Vienna, ME
- Representative to the MWCA Board: Hariph Smith
- Secretary/Treasurer: George Roy
Our first meeting was held on Wednesday February 18, 2009 at the Vienna Community Center on Kimball Pond Road in Vienna. Our founding members were Ed Beach of Readfield, Hariph Smith of Winthrop and Norma Wing of Vienna.
We meet on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to:
- Promote woodcarving in our area and statewide
- Offer our members a chance to interact with other woodcarvers in a social setting
- Share ideas and techniques about carving as well as painting and finishing
- Provide a forum for discussion about the many aspects of woodcarving
We work together on a Chapter Display for the Annual Downeast Wood Carving and Wildlife Art Show. We won Best Chapter Booth at the in 2009 and 2010.
Other Chapter Activities:
We have promoted the fine art of woodcarving through the sponsorship of Youth entries at the Downeast Wood Carving and Wildlife Show since 2010.